Tuesday, June 26

Coffee Date {vol. 2}


If we were having coffee this morning, I'd be drinking my new Cinnamon Hazelnut medium roast.
I bought a bunch of new K-cups last week, but I also bought a bag of ground coffee. We have reusable cups for our Keurig, but they tend to be mostly unused (or used for hot water). I haven't quite figured out the trick to making strong coffee with them... after 4 years, haha. It feels like whenever I try to make a cup, it's watery and full of coffee grounds. I can make coffee in a pot like a pro, so it's not that I don't know how to make regular coffee, haha. I've tried filling up the cup to the brim, and I've tried filling it about half way, but nothing seems to make a difference. Are there any reusable K-cups you'd recommend? Am I using them wrong? Please help!


If we were having coffee this morning, I'd tell you about how excited I am for the next week.
There's a big employee-side employment law conference every year called NELA, and I'm so excited to go tomorrow! My boss & I are flying out together tomorrow afternoon, and we're spending almost four days in Chicago. To be honest, Chicago is not my favorite city. I lived in London for a semester, but I still think Chicago looks & feels dirtier. On the flip side, deep dish pizza is the best pizza in the world & Garrett's popcorn is located there. You win some, you lose some.

Anyway, the conference is always a ton of fun and I'm one of those freaks who loves going to classes, so two full days of lawyer classes (we call them CLEs) sounds like heaven to me. Employment lawyers from all over the country will be there, so it's a great way to network, see people I don't normally get to see, and of course, my mom is going! Work has been wonderful but very hectic lately, so I'm pumped to take a few days to relax, drink, learn, and (of course) do a little work on the side.

After the conference, I'm flying to Des Moines over the weekend to see my family and to see Hamilton! I have not prepared for this in any way, haha. I should make sure it's loaded on my iPhone before I leave tomorrow so that I can practice... though of course, it's not like I'm going to be the one performing. Why do we practice musicals before we see them?! I feel like that's something I've always done - listened to the album again before I see the show - & it makes no sense. It's not like they're going to be like, "Ladies & gentlemen... there's been a horrible accident before the show, & we need a strong-willed young lady to play Burr. How about you, ma'am?" Well, thank god I practiced those verses on the plane... 😂

I fly back to Denver on Monday, & I know I'll be so ready to see J & our pets by then. He gets to hold down the fort while I'm gone, but I've promised him it's more fun than it sounds. When I lived by myself for one year in law school, I was fully prepared to be miserable & lonely. I thought I was an extrovert (surprise, I am not!). It turns out, I loved living on my own. You bother no one. You eat what you want, exercise when you want, wear what you want, watch what you want... Don't get me wrong, I love living with my husband. But living on your own is kick ass. When J was out of town this February, I missed him terribly, but having all that time to myself for one week was pretty great.

If we were having coffee this morning, I'd tell you that J & I were haunted the other night.
We woke up on Sunday morning at 3:50AM, with the lap on the other side of our room suddenly very bright & very on. I go to bed much earlier than he does, so I asked J if he had turned it on when he was getting into bed. He insists he didn't turn it on. I certainly didn't turn it on. The lamp has a small, metal twist handle & while it's not difficult to turn, it's definitely not something one of our cats could have done.

We had watched episodes of "Ghost Adventures" the night before, & to be frank, I had just mocked the idea of ghosts existing. Whoops...




Please tell this dummy how to properly use reusable K-cups. :)

Do you listen to albums before you see the show? If so, what is wrong with us???

Do you like living on your own, or do you prefer living with roommates or a significant other?



Do you believe in ghosts?


SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS