Monday, May 13

Roasted Acorn Squash

One of my favorite blogs is "Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth," a health food blog by a lovely lady named Catherine! I love finding new ideas to eat healthier, and since she's a veggie-centric vegeterian, her blog is just oodles of inspiration! I can't wait to get a RFFMBT tank top when they're in stock. :)

She had a recipe up a while back for Sweet Roasted Acorn Squash. Now, I'm not really a squash kind of girl. I keep trying different kinds and keep getting disappointed. But the recipe looked really good and I thought I'd try it out!

Cut in half and scoop out the seeds!
Rub the inside down with butter (you can substitute the kind you want).
Sprinkle with sugar! I used Stevia in the Raw, she used Splenda brown sugar!
Do you like my little "stands?" Bake at 400 for 45 minutes to an hour.
Voila! I think my oven was on a little too high, because it looks a little burnt
and Catherine's look beautiful.

Again, I'm not really into squash... But it turns out, put some butter and sugar on it and I like squash just fine, haha. I split this with J's mom so we each had a half. I'm definitely trying this recipe again soon!

Check out Catherine's blog, "Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth," if you haven't already!


Are you excited to test this recipe out yourself? Do you read RFFMBT? 
What recipes are you excited to try soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS