Saturday, August 16

Snacking Healthy


On Monday morning, J and I headed back to Concord, New Hampshire!

For my last night in Iowa, we went to Peking Buffet in Coralville, and then watched Animorphs and Velvet Goldmine back at the house. We drank a lot of wine. I may or may not have almost cried over a future child's name. Who's to say.

I wrote a post a few months ago on Healthy Road Snacks, which I took into account while getting ready for this trip! Unfortunately, on that list and on a lot of lists I've found on Pinterest, these "road trips" are apparently shorter and these people presumably have some kind of cooler. We don't have room for a cooler, and obviously we really need food so we wouldn't have to stop constantly for snacks!

So, here's what we brought for road trip snacks:
  • Bananas
  • Apples
  • Celery
  • Peanut butter
  • Water
  • Caffeine (for each of us - I like Starbucks, J likes Monster)
  • Wheat Chex
  • Cheddar Bunnies
  • Pretzel Crisps - Buffalo Wing flavor

It certainly isn't a well-balanced group of foods, but it's better than I ate this May when I drove down!  The fruit worked really well for me, because I like eating fresh. The water was a life-saver to keep us hydrated, and the celery and peanut butter was delicious! The Wheat Chex and Cheddar Bunnies were good, but we didn't come near to eating them all.

We didn't use a ton of the caffeine, but I'm still glad we had it! It's like a safety net. :)

All in all, I think I would bring less food next time, but I loved what we brought! It helped keep me alert and I think it saved us a lot of time on the road.



I had one amazing summer, filled with lots of love and lots of family. I got engaged. I lived downtown. I saw so many of my friends, and I learned a lot about myself and about being a lawyer. Now I've left for another year of law school. Part of me is scared, but mostly I'm just excited. I'm excited to start school again, to see Abby, to see my other law school friends, and to be one year closer to being a real lawyer!


What travel snacks are you obsessed with? What would you bring? Are you excited for the upcoming school year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS