Tuesday, January 3

Welcome to 2017


It's finally 2017 and I can't tell you how grateful I am that 2016's finally done. I've seen a lot of posts on Facebook from people expressing how, "Well, 2016 wasn't that bad," and I couldn't disagree more. 

When people complain about how bad this past year was, it doesn't mean that nothing good happened in 2016. A lot of artists died this year - people who inspired us, who meant so much to us, who changed our lives and gave us hope that we weren't alone in this world. I won't even get into the election. The point is, this year was so terrible because we lost a lot of hope - and the new year is the perfect time to believe in that hope again. So as much I hate that whole, "New year, new me," stuff, we need hope right now. We need to believe that this year will be better - and that we have to power to enact change. 


I spent New Years Eve with J and some new friends, and it was so perfect. It's not like we're totally isolated here in Denver, but it's hard to make friends when you don't have school to connect you. I've made a couple friends here and there, but nothing's really stuck. J and I have very different schedules, so it's hard enough to find time to see each other, let alone other people. We spent NYE talking, drinking some kickass cranberry mules (and champagne, of course), playing Cards Against Humanity, and taking Polaroids (which I left at their apartment). It was one of the best NYEs I've ever had. 💗


The only phone picture I got that night - though technically I took it at 2AM the next day...

Speaking of New Years Eve, J and I have been together six years as of January 1st! These pictures (as you can see) were taken four years ago, when J and I were living in our first apartment in Iowa City. We posted the pictures on my second post ever on Girl Named Fiddy, as I was rebranding from my old, college blog called Nonsensical Me. I love looking back on old pictures of us - we've both changed so much since we started dating, both physically and emotionally, though J still has (and loves) that jacket, haha. 

Needless to say, I love being J's wife and partner, and even though we've only been married for a few months, I don't think we need to stop celebrating how long we've been together. Being married changed our relationship status, but not our committment to each other. 😊


--------------------

I haven't decided on my goals for 2017 yet, but I'm working on them. I know that one of them is going to be posting more regularly, particularly given how seldom I posted in 2016. Once I've decided on my resolutions (because I love making goals for the new year, no matter how "cheesy" it might be), I'll post them ASAP.

Today's going to be rough for me, but I'll have to post about that later on. Please send all your positive vibes to me and my family. It's 2017, and we have to support each other more than ever. 💗



Were you ready for 2016 to be over? How did you celebrate? How do you choose your resolutions (or do you choose any at all)?


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS