Friday, December 20

My 2013 Resolutions


For my very first post on Girl Named Fiddy, I wrote about my goals for 2013! To recap, they were:


Do yoga everyday
This was not done. Not even close, haha. I think J and I did yoga every day for about the first week of January… and I got into exercising almost every day for about two months this summer. Since I've been in law school, I think I've maybe exercised three times since I realized I could maintain my weight (and lose weight - I've lost over 15 pounds!) by just eating right. I'm attempting to do a squat challenge now that I'm in the last week of finals, and I've gotta say, it's good to feel sore again! Hopefully I'll be more active again over Christmas break with J to cheer me on.


Eat healthier
I would give myself a "✓" for this, but I've been eating a a heck of a lot of speghetti-o's and meatballs and ramen these last two months! Overall, I do think that I've eaten healthier this year - I've learned how to incorporate a lot more veggies into my diet and make delicious and healthy meals. But (maybe this has to do more with moderation than health) this girl loves unhealthy food as well. It's not like I ate the gross stuff every day, but I certainly wouldn't say I've been eating super healthy these last few months either.


Use moderation whenever I can ✓
As I mentioned with the last goal, as far as my health is concerned, I think I've done a pretty good job at using moderation. I didn't punish myself for my lack of exercise, but I did adjust by trying to eat healthier. Here's a little piece of truth: It's really hard to use moderation in law school. It's hard not to spend all your time studying, because you really DO need to study! Thankfully, as well as hanging out with friends, I'm easily satisfied with watching shows on Netflix and taking breaks throughout the day. Did I do a perfect job balancing things? Of course not. But I made a solid effort to use moderation!

Love fearlessly ✓
This was especially hard the last part of this year. It was hard to be fearless when I was so scared of being alone and forgotten in the northeast. Thankfully, those fearful moments were short and went away rather quickly. I've learned a lot about trust and my own strength this year!

Blog 3-4 times a week
I tried so hard on this one, but failed! I feel like I did a good job of this, especially during the beginning of the year! But once I got into the midst of law school, it became SO hard to plan blog posts when I was swimming in 30-90 pages of reading for each class! There was a month where I hardly posted at all because I was so swamped!

Gossip less
I don't know if I really deserve a "✓" on this one… It's not that I "gossiped" a lot, but this was a year of drama and I needed more advise and support this year than I anticipated. I think I did cut out a lot of "vindictive" talk, but it's something I still want to work on.


Forgive more ✓
I'm really proud of myself on this one. This has been a very hard goal to keep, but I think I've made really great strides here. I wrote about some sensative things this year, which brought up a lot of rough memories and some bitterness that I didn't even realize was there. Once I realized this, I had to learn to move past these feelings and forgive all over again. I can honestly say that I feel 100 times better after forgiving, even if those people never know I've forgiven them. It's a huge weight off my shoulders and I'm so much happier for it!

Get into law school ✓
WELL, if you couldn't tell, this goal absolutely happened in 2013! I was accepted into several law schools and decided on the University of New Hampshire School of Law in Concord, New Hampshire! Moving myself and James cross-country with J
 and my dad was certainly an adventure, and law school hasn't been a walk in the park, but it's been such a glorious adventure. I can't imagine going to school with more amazing people. I have the best Torts group known to man and the most supportive, sweet friends I could ask for. :)

Get rid of 200 things ✓
I actually forgot about this goal until I was looking back earlier today at my original post! This goal was the first one to happen - I ended up getting rid of over 400 things before I lost count! I donated almost everything, except the things that were too used/torn up and had to be thrown out. It felt SO good to get rid of all that stuff, and to be honest, this is a goal I could easily do over and over again every year. I'd love to do it again for 2014!


Do you remember your 2013 resolutions? How did you do? :)

1 comment:

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS