Monday, July 27

Recipe: Ginger-Garlic Salmon


One of my goals for 2015 was to make two new recipes each month, which I've been fairly good at keeping up with. One of the recipes I tried in June was this amazing recipe for ginger-garlic salmon, which I've made two more times since! It's a really easy recipe that I can't wait to make again and again! J's pretty happy with whatever I cook, but this has been a huge favorite of both of ours!


I really prefer to make this with fresh salmon, but I got a whole frozen side for really cheap this month and I just couldn't say no! This last time I made the recipe, I had two portions left that I thawed in warm water. There was a side that was slightly freezer-burned, but I just cut that part off when I was taking the skin off.

The next thing I did was marinate the salmon! J prepared a marinade of (based on the linked recipe):

  • 1 whole head of garlic, chopped up
  • 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
  • 3 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon syrup (from Vermont)
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 3 heavy dashes of white pepper
  • Pinch of salt




We marinated the salmon in that mixture for about an hour and a half, and then pre-heated the oven to 375. When the oven was ready, we transferred the salmon to an oven-safe pan, along with all the excess marinade! We both tend to like more of the marinade that is really called for because I've been serving it over cilantro-lime rice, and it just tastes sooo good together!



It cooks in the oven for 15-20 minutes, and then is ready to eat! We piled the cilantro-lime rice into bowls, placed the salmon on top, and then poured the excess liquid on top. SO. YUMMY!



Honestly, this isn't the easiest recipe in the world because the marinade does call for a lot of preparation... but it's so, entirely worth it! J and I both love Asian food, and this salmon really encompasses what I love so much about it - tons of garlic, tons of ginger, and tons of flavor! I hope you love it as much as I do!



Have you ever made this recipe? Would you? Do you have a recipe that you could make over and over again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS