Friday, August 28

Recipe: City Girl Rickey!

Hey friends! I don't normally post recipes for drinks, mostly because I don't normally drink mixed drinks. I'm more of a wine or cider gal, so there's not much opportunity for a recipe... Hey, look at a picture of me pouring this pino grigio into this wine glass!

After Hannah visited me in Hilton Head, I drove her back to Savannah. On the way back, we stopped at a little bar in Old Town Bluffton called Vineyard 55. I got a drink called a "May River Rickey," which had ginger ale, huckleberry vodka, and lime. It was sooo good! Refreshing, light, fruity, and totally fun! I was telling J about it a few days ago when he got back from New York, and I decided to get the supplies to make my own!


I already had lime juice around the house, so all I had to get was fruity vodka and some ginger ale! I tried to find huckleberry vodka, but the closest I could find was either raspberry or cranberry, so I decided to get the raspberry. Plus, the ginger ale was only $0.69 at Market Basket!

Since I was using raspberry vodka instead of huckleberry, I decided to call this my "City Girl Rickey." Raspberries just seem way more of a "city girl" fruit, am I right?

Making this is ridiculously easy. I used a wine glass because it seemed v college to use a plastic cup, and I'm using a bendy straw to drink it because why wouldn't I???

Here's the recipe:

  • 1 shot of raspberry vodka
  • 2/3 of a shot glass of lime juice
  • ~3-4 oz of ginger ale (basically, just fill the rest of the glass)






See how easy that was to make? And trust me - it's so delicious! J's not super into fruity drinks (he's more of a craft beer guy), but even he loved it. When I made one today, he commented on how refreshing it was, so you know it's true! :)


Try this recipe out and let me know how you like it! If you like it as much as I do, it's going to be a staple for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS