Monday, August 31

My Latest Stitch Fix {vol. 5}


It's been a while (seven months!!) since I got a Stitch Fix in the mail, and given how my last couple boxes were, it's not really a surprise. It's not that I was getting bad boxes, but it just wasn't my style. I was asking for things that were boho and/or edgy, and I was getting super classic, preppy things - fine, but not what I was asking for, and not really me.

I decided to give Stitch Fix another try as a present to myself for the start of the new school year. What I really noticed this summer when I was working full time was that I didn't have a lot of work clothes. I really wanted to do a kind of 30x30 challenge this summer with clothes, until I realized I was doing that every single day at work since I only had about 3 pairs of pants, 3 skirts, a dress, and a handful of shirts I could wear!

It made me realize what my work wardrobe was missing: pants, in particular, but also shirts I could layer and still look professional. This made it easy to tell my Stitch Fix stylist what I needed, and I was hoping the clear communication on my part would help him or her really nail it this time. To be honest, if this Fix wasn't what I needed, I don't know if I would have used Stitch Fix again...

Now on to the Fix!




Emer Houndstooth Straight Leg Pant - Large - $98
My stylist really listened to my notes and included three pairs of pants in this Fix. They're all by the same designer, just different patterns. The first thing I noticed was the material: they're almost a legging texture, but thick and super soft! They stretch like nobody's business, but they're also structured enough that I could totally wear them to work at a law firm. 

Because of the material, I was worried that they would be unflattering on me, so I was so excited when they fit well! They're also a straight leg, which I personally think is a flatting style on me. I think I got a pair like these in a prior Fix, except they were a tiny bit cropped and a tiny bit flared, which just looked terrible on me. The straight leg style is so much better!

I also am over the moon about this houndstooth pattern! I know it's hard to see in these pictures because of the lighting, but it's a subtle and yet fun pattern. I don't know why, but I always associate houndstooth with my mom as a young lawyer, so it just seems like this very young, hip lawyer pattern to me, haha. Perfect for what I'm using it for! :)


Verdict: Keep!




Chanel Twisted Knot Knit Tank - Large - $44

To be honest, this was not my favorite item in this Fix, and if I had not wanted the big discount, I probably would not have gotten this top. J seemed to really like it, but it just didn't do much for me. I thought it was a little short on my body, but otherwise just... fine? I do like that it's a little different and that the knot gives it some edge, and I specifically asked for sleeveless tops I could layer under blazers/jackets. This covers everything I asked for, and I really do think I'll wear it!


Verdict: Keep!




Beckett Graphic Print V-Neck Blouse - Large - $48
Emer Jaquard Print Tall Straight Leg Pant - Large - $98

This blouse was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for! It can easily be layered under a blazer or jacket, it's sleeveless, it has a fun pattern, and it's interesting! I really loved the v-neck - although I'm wearing a sports bra underneath in these photos, I had a regular one on early when I tried it on and it looked perfect. It's so hard for me to find tops that don't make me look busty, and even without a cami underneath, it didn't show any cleavage. It also doesn't completely cover me up, so I was really happy about this top. I wasn't completely sold on the shape right away, but it grew on me, especially once I realized I could tuck it in if I really wanted to show off my waist.

I know it's hard to see in these pictures, but the pattern on these pants is also really cute! I didn't know I needed navy/blue pants until I got these, and now I don't know how I managed without them for so long! I have a ton of nice work shirts that are in the blue family and just don't look good with black pants, so these pair have opened up a whole new world for me! I also like that, like the houndstooth pants, the pattern is fun but subtle. The pants don't have to be the star of the show, but they also don't have to be boring!


Verdict: Keep! (Both of them)




Emer Printed Straight Leg Pant - Large - $98

Like the other pants, these were made of the same soft, stretchy material, and I loved them! I was worried that since these are a bolder pattern, they would be unflattering on me, but I actually think they're super cute! I have a bunch of shirts that are plain (like this sweater) that would look great with patterned pants, so I could definitely see myself wearing them all the time!


Verdict: Keep!


All the patterns, up close!
One thing I was worried about with all three of these pants is that I'm starting to work out on the regular and trying to get my eating habits back on track, so I'm not sure how much my body will be changing in the next few months. Right now, I'd say all three pairs fit me nicely, but if anything, are on the "tight" side of things. Given how stretchy they are, I think they'll still look good even if I lose inches. What do you think?

All in all, I was thrilled with this Fix. There was only one shirt that I wasn't super excited about, and I still liked it, so it made sense to buy everything in my Fix and get the discount. I saved over $70 by buying that shirt with everything else! Given how pricey the pants were by themselves, and given how much I liked all three of them, it would have been more expensive to buy all three pairs of pants without the shirts. Funny how Stitch Fix works sometimes, huh?

I'm really glad I gave Stitch Fix another chance, but I'm also glad that I've accepted Stitch Fix for who they are. I think I was bummed for a while that they didn't have clothes like you would find at H&M or Urban Outfitters, but they can't be everything for everyone. What I kept finding was that they sent me more classic clothing items, so I thought they would do a great job with work clothes - and I was right! They really killed it, and I seriously can't wait to go to work today and show off my new clothes!

If you're interested in trying Stitch Fix, I get a $25 credit if you use this link and order your first Fix! :) https://stitchfix.com/referral/3109295



Have you ever tried Stitch Fix before? What kinds of clothes do you need in your wardrobe right now? What's your favorite thing out of my Fix?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS