Wednesday, May 7

15 Things I Can't Wait to Do in Des Moines!


In only a few days, I'll be moving back to Des Moines for the summer! It's kind of crazy to think how fast (and slowww) this school year went by. This fall felt like it dragged on for years, while this spring felt like it was gone in a flash. Maybe it was because I was better adjusted, or just happier, this spring. Who knows!

While I'm going to miss my friends from school desperately, I'm also super pumped to be spending the summer in one of my favorite cities! So here's a list of the things I'm excited to do this summer in Des Moines!
  1. See my mom more often -- We'll be sharing an apartment when she's in town, so I'll get to see her at least a week a month, maybe more!
  2. See J & Leif more often -- This is a given, haha.
  3. See my friends in the Des Moines area -- I have so many friends still in the area, and hopefully I'll be able to visit with them all at least once before I move back in the fall!
  4. Work at the best law firm in Iowa everrr: the Fiedler Law Firm! Full of smart, strong, ambitious people who I love and respect, fighting the good fight!
  5. A Dong's -- Easily the best Vietnamese in the state, and I'll be live about 2 minutes away. Dangerous...
  6. Fong's Pizza -- All day, every day.
  7. Visit the Blank Park Zoo -- Assuming I have time, this would be SUCH a great summer activity!
  8. Go to Zombie Burger for the first time -- Yeah, I've lived in the area for years since it opened and never eaten there. We're gonna fix that this summer.
  9. Walk around the East Village & try not to spend all my money - especially at Hill Vintage and Raygun. Eeek!
  10. Visit the Art Center -- I haven't been there in years, and there's nothing like art to put your life in perspective.
  11. Sakari Sushi Lounge -- I love this place in Des Moines! You can always count on girls in tight, leopard print dresses for people-watching and cheap, delicious sushi.
  12. The Des Moines Farmer's Market -- I'm going to be living for half the summer about a block from Court Ave, so this is my #1 priority every Saturday. You haven't seen a farmer's market until you've seen the one in Des Moines. Plus, Saloo's Indian makes the best vegetable cutlets in the world. Proven fact.
  13. The Royal Mile & The Hessen Haus -- Strongbow on tap & themed bars. Yep.
  14. Van Dee's Ice Cream -- I grew up on this ice cream, and I've definitely been in withdrawal!
  15. Start training -- I told J he should train for a half marathon, which turned into him refusing unless I did it too. So I'm going to start running seriously again this summer. Given that I haven't run further than 5 miles in one time, this is going to be an interesting summer, haha.
Do you have anything else for the list? Did I forget something obvious? 
Are you excited for this summer?

1 comment:

  1. You should go to the zoo for zoo brew. Wednesday nights and beer sampling. Plus animals. If you haven't been yet I recommend it. I personally think it's the best way to see the zoo. Plus they have live music. :)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS