Friday, February 3

Law School Nostogia

UNH Visit: Part One: This was the very first trip J and I took to visit Concord and my law school for a kind of new admittee day to see if I liked the school and wanted to move there. When I was picking out posts for this post, J really loved looking back through these pictures with me, so I knew I had to include it. I loved exploring Boston with my guy - as much as I love my solitude, I'm such a city girl. It's also really fun for me to look back on what my initial thoughts were on my law school since I've now graduted, taken the bar exam, and am an attorney in two states!




(S)he Was A Skater Boi: By far my favorite outfit post here on the blog. I felt beautiful, I loved my outfit, it was the first time we tried Yuki sushi in Manchester (which would become a staple for me), and it was the first time I went out in New Hampshire not looking like a total scrub, haha. J acted as my photographer, and the pictures of me back in our garden are some of my favorite pictures ever. I've been feeling really nostogic lately and looking back at a time I was so happy and excited gives me a lot of feels. 😊



Going Atomic!: I've been feeling especially nostogic for my "weird" hair colors. If I could have this exact hair cut and color right now, I would in a heartbeat. I love being a lawyer, but I am super bummed that having unnatural hair colors is a no-go, at least in litigation. I can't see a lot of judges thinking it looked "professional," and non-Denver juries would probably think I was the devil, haha.



Life Lately {vol. 28}: This just exemplifies everything I miss about Concord and law school. J was still in town and it wasn't like during my 1L year where I didn't know what I was doing or where I was. I already had my favorite spots and I got to hang out with my favorite people - both of whom I miss!



What Happens in Vegas: Remember that time I was super anxious about spending my Thanksgiving Break in Vegas with J and my family because it wasn't going to be a "chill" vacation and I was worried that I needed more downtown from law school and then it turned out to be one of the best trips ever? Yeah, me too.


I don't know about you, but I've been feeling especially nostalgic lately. I think it's partially to do with the weather - for as sunny as Denver's supposed to be, even in the winter, we've had about a week of completely dreary, grey, sunless days, and it's starting the wear on me. I think it's also because I miss my friends in Concord so badly. It seems like so many of my friends and classmates are still in the area, while I'm waaay out here by myself. I don't regret coming to Denver at all, but I have moments of weakness where I wonder if it would just be easier to go back. I mean, I won't, but sometimes when I'm missing my people, I think about it. 💗 I don't want to look back too often, but once in a while, I think it's comforting to remember - especially when they're such happy memories!



No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS