Monday, September 22

Homemade & Healthy Bran Muffins


I don't know about you, but I am OBSESSED with bran muffins! My grandma makes the best bran muffins in the world, and I could easily eat a whole batch of them (given the option - usually guilt keeps me in check).

I saw a recipe on Pinterest a few weeks go, so I was excited to try it out! The only thing I changed from the original recipe was adding flax seeds (which I thought would add some fiber and a fun texture change) and changed sugar to stevia packets.


Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 packets of stevia
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups Kellogg's All-BranOriginal cereal
1 cup almond milk (or other version of your choice)
1 egg
1 individual package of unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup flax seeds

Check out this amazing recipe from Happy Food, Healthy Life for the steps to make these AMAZING bran muffins!









How great do these look?! This is actually the second batch I made, and the first turned out better - aka, fluffier. They still tasted AMAZING, but I really prefer my bran muffins to be fluffy and airy... well, as far as bran muffins can be, at least.

The batter seemed a little heavier than it should have been the second time around, so I really should have known that they were going to be a little more dense. 

But seriously - how amazing does this look?!

Do you love bran muffins as much as I do? Have you ever made them from cratch before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS